Re: network-manager as default? No!

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Patrick Schoenfeld
<schoenfeld@debian.org> wrote:
>> I've always believed that peoply chose NM for simplicity.  And I can
>> understand that. It's simple because it doesn't support anything
>> "complex", including common VPN setups.
>
> ifupdown does not support any VPN setup at all. how does that fit in
> your argumentation?

Btw, not sure this hasn't been mentioned before but:

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/network-manager-openvpn
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/network-manager-vpnc

But nevermind, this thread is not about considering technical merits
or sane defaults, it's all about letting the world know about your
preferences, right?