Re: network-manager as default? No!

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:
> So Network-Manager has finally gained basic features like the ability to
> set a lower than default MTU?
>
> How about bridging?  VLANs?  Unnumbered interfaces?  DHCPv6-PD?
> Disabling IPv6 SLAAC on a specific interface?  Multiple uplinks?
> Multiple routing tables?  Creating tap interfaces connected to virtual
> swiches? Different types of tunnels?  Sharing an ethernet interface
> between PPPoE and IP?

I'd be interested in seeing real-life ifupdown configurations that
handle these.

When I needed multiple routing tables I couldn't find any specific
ifupdown support. I just wrote my own custom /etc/init.d/routing that
first removes all routing rules with something as ugly as

ip rule show | grep -Ev '^(0|32766|32767):|iif lo' \
    | while read PRIO NATRULE; do
    ip rule del prio ${PRIO%%:*} $( echo $NATRULE | sed 's|all|0/0|' )
done

and then calls "ip rule" and "ip route" to setup the desired routing
configuration.