Re: Old Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> I'm now getting patches from Ubuntu to catch up the effects of this old
> Release Goal. I fully support the removal of .la files [0] but it would
> be good if we could refresh the original goal so that .la files can be
> removed rather than applying a piece-meal set of patches to only
> certain packages which have been spotted independently. That way leads
> only to pain.

> Let's try and handle the .la file issue across all of Debian.

> Andreas: the process you used to create the initial list - is that
> available as a script somewhere? Can it be re-run? Can the updated
> output be filtered for the libraries which can have the .la files
> removed immediately and then passed through dd-list?
[...]

Afaiu the script output http://release.debian.org/~aba/la/current.txt
is automatically updated. e.g. libvmime (fixed 2011-03-07) is not
included anymore.

Combine the script output with
to get up-to-date instructions.

cu andreas