Re: Old Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> It is far cleaner to simply not package the .la file than to mangle it
> with sed in debian/rules - my contention is that removing the file is
> the best solution to the harm done by the dependency_libs field.
[...]

Hello,
If you removed an la file that is listed in another's packages la file
dependency_libs, the other package would be broken. You'll need to
clean up the latter's  dependency_libs / remove its la_lile *first.*
cu andreas