Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> > /etc/adjtime
>
> This needs to survive reboots, and it is also needed early in the boot.
> It is used to correct the RTC syndrome.
>
> I am at a loss about how it could be made compatible with RO /.

So my clock is sightly wrong during boot until the ntpd/chrony/ntpdate
fixes it. It doesn't give errors so i can live with that.

One could run a while with a read-write / to get an initial /etc/adjtime
for the RTC drift. After that the RTC hopefully doesn't change. So while
I agree that this can't completly be fixed I think it can be ignored.

>> > /etc/hosts.deny (written by denyhosts, hence that one is a bit hard to fix)
>>
>> Don't have that. Fix denyhosts to link that to /var/ (or /run when we
>> have it).
>
> Has to be available before any tcp-wrapped network service is started.

I guess you could just have a /etc/defaults/hosts.deny that you copy to
/run and link /etc/hosts.deny -> /run/hosts.deny before starting
tcp-wrapped network services.

MfG
        Goswin