Re: enable/disable support in /usr/sbin/service

Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> ]] Stefano Zacchiroli
>
> | In particular, considering the possibility of other init systems coming
> | (see #591791), would /usr/sbin/service enable/disable still be a proper,
> | init-system-independent, abstraction?
>
> I'm guessing service would have to learn how all other init systems
> work, or have a way to tell them when they are installed (so «install
> foo; disable foo ; change init system» still leaves foo disabled).

I started a discussion about this topic but with another focus:
http://bugs.debian.org/588085
(message #21 is the one closest to this thread)

Feel free to comment, input is appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net