Re: new scripts and patches for devscripts

http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/222-Checking-build-dependencies.html

> I think a standard tool to handle this "what do I need to install and remove
> to satisfy the build-depends for the current package" question would be
> useful at a lower level than devscripts, fwiw.

:-) embuilddeps has a -n|--dry-run option which does exactly that.

I'm open to it being renamed and/or put into another package - it is
perl and uses libdpkg-perl. I'd welcome comments on what it cannot
still do and if it gets things wrong for particular source packages.

It also has explicit support to act as the dependency-resolver inside
pbuilder (native and cross) and Hector & I are looking at how it can be
used inside sbuild too (native and cross).

--

Neil Williams