Possible sane approach? (was: Re: enable/disable flags in /etc/default)

        Hi!

 Some things usually spin in my head for days and I come up with an idea
that looks sane at first sight. This might be such a moment, and I
wonder wether there might be something that I overlooked here:

* Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> [2011-03-02 14:47:22 CET]:
>  Actually I explicitly chose to not go down that path for
> wesnoth-server. I settled for this approach:
>
> dh_installinit -u 'stop 20 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 .'

 While this might look good at first sight, it has several deficits,
like the rc.d links aren't set for the regular runlevels (for whatever
reason) and update-rc.d foo enable doesn't work because that looks at
the LSB headers.

 So I came up with this thought for a postinst snippet:

#v+

# only on new install
if [ "$1" = "configure" ] && [ "x$2" = "x" ]; then
        update-rc.d foo defaults >/dev/null
        update-rc.d disable foo
fi

#v-

 Shouldn't that be a sensible approach with what options we currently
have? If there is some fault in my thinking, please point it out.

 Thanks,
Rhonda
--
"What are the differences between Mark Zuckerberg and me? I give private
 information on corporations to you for free, and I'm a villain.