Re: Potential memory leaks reported by Valgrind against some frequently used commands

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 08:38:42PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 06:19 AM, ximalaya wrote:
> >Hi all,
> [snip]
> >
> >BTW, I ever tried on Redhat Linux 9, no such problem.
> >

> This is the interesting part.  Is RH keeping their patches, or are
> upstream and other distros just not determining them worthwhile?

Not really. The interesting part is 'was this done with the same version
of valgrind?'

Note that valgrind has a feature to blacklist false positives and issues
(like this one) that don't matter at all.

trying to fool the system.