Re: Fun with libtool and cross-builds

* Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> schrieb:
> Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:
>
> > At this points it calls the linker and adds -L/usr/lib on the front -
> > thereby adding this path in front of the default cross-compiler path.
>
> Please try to debug where the -L/usr/lib comes from, I don't believe
> libtool is adding this by itself but instead it is told to add it by
> some incorrect .la file or similar.

When I first encountered that problem (more precisely: misdesign)
about 10yrs ago, libtool indeed added it explicitly, *and* it
also was taken from the .la files.

Meanwhile the first bug seems to be away now, but .la files still
tend to be broken. As nobody really needs same (at least nobody
who's not completely lobotomized ;-o), simply remove them all.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666