Re: Fun with libtool and cross-builds

]] Shachar Shemesh

| The only real solution I see for this is for libtool to have specific
| support for linking against DESTDIR installed libraries (maybe make it
| respect DESTDIR if it's defined during the build? That could be a
| solution that is both easy to understand and simple to integrate)

Isn't a much simpler solution just to get rid of .la files for platforms
where they're useless?  They're not needed for dynamic linking and
Debian doesn't really support static linking well, and if you do need
static linking, you can just use pkg-config which more and more libs
support those days.

--
Tollef Fog Heen