Re: Kernel

I demand that Adrian von Bidder may or may not have written...

[snip]
> As Paul has said, there is a patch to include the Debian logo at boot. As
> far as I know, the kernel still displays the traditional penguin at boot if
> a framebuffer is used, but note that on recent systems framebuffer has been
> replaced by kms which is loaded a bit later in the boot process and doesn't
> display any logo (either tux or the swirl with the patch.)

KMS still uses framebuffers, but they're provided by different modules
(radeon instead of radeonfb, for example). You still get the penguin(s) if
the relevant module is built into the kernel image or (I assume) is loaded
early enough.

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Toon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | back!
| + Lobby friends, family, business, government.    WE'RE KILLING THE PLANET.

The coast was clear.