Re: Kernel

Heyho!

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 22.57:51 Pontus Andersson wrote:
> Hi. I like to make a request regarding the Debian Linux kernel.
> I think the "tux boot" should be compiled with the Debian logo..
> With tux boot I mean that some distros e.g. Arch and slackware boots with
> the logo
> while displaying the boot process.

As Paul has said, there is a patch to include the Debian logo at boot. As
far as I know, the kernel still displays the traditional penguin at boot if
a framebuffer is used, but note that on recent systems framebuffer has been
replaced by kms which is loaded a bit later in the boot process and doesn't
display any logo (either tux or the swirl with the patch.)

-- vbi

--
Fuyez un ennemi qui sait votre défaut.
	-+- Pierre Corneille, Polyeucte -+-