Re: Sourceful uploads [Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting]

On 2011-02-13, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
> ]] Philipp Kern
>| Actually those build failures are nowadays sent to the PTS for further
>| distribution (the "buildd" keyword).  I don't know how many are subscribed
>| to those notifications, though.  (After all, they're not automatically
>| sent to the maintainer.)
> Would people be opposed to changing that?  I would be quite happy to get
> mails if my packages FTBFS on various architectures, and I believe I'm
> competent to at least usually see if something fails because of
> something obvious or if it looks like a chroot/buildd issue.

I guess there are (at least) two options:

a) Auto-mail the current maintainer as determined by ftp's Maintainers file.
   Pro: Very easy to setup.
   Drawback: You'd be unable to opt-out.  Furthermore I don't know what the
   process is to agree on additional mailing of maintainers.

b) Auto-subscribe all maintainers to the PTS.  Phase out direct mails to
   the maintainer and switch them over to PTS mailings.  I guess that would
   also apply to dak and debbugs mails.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern