Sourceful uploads [Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting]

On 02/13/2011 07:00 PM, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On su, 2011-02-13 at 18:49 +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> I don;t think that is a good idea, there are way too many people not building
>> and testing their packages properly already, we don't want to give that work to
>> the buildd-admins...
>
> That's something I don't understand. If I upload a broken package, why
> should it be the buildd admin's job to deal with it? Should not I get
> notified of the error, and told to fix it?

I guess the notifying is what would become the buildd admin's job...

If people want to not have to build and upload binary packages, they
would better invest their time in setting up a central service that
would build for them and would help in uploading succesful builds
instead of complaining about thrown away binary packages IMHO.

Cheers

Luk