Re: Forwarding bugs upstream

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 02:03:07PM +0100, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> > Remember: there is no shortage of bug reports.
>
> That's unfortunately true. Why is it that bug squashing parties only
> happen a short time before release while it appears that the rest of
> the time the issue is ignored?

Please, don't indulge toward trolling :-). There is no cabal^Wsecret
power in Debian who decides when to organize things and when to not
organize them.

BSP can be organized whenever you want but, as a matter of fact, they
get organized only when somebody volunteer to do that. If you want to
have a BSP, say, the 1st day after the release of Squeeze, you just have
to organize one.  For packages that drown into bug *reports* due to
their popularity, you might also want to organize specific *triaging*
campaigns (better if in coordination with maintainers); they will
relieve the burden of maintainers in doing triaging and let them focus
on actual bugs that random BSP-participants might not feel entitled to
fix.

Cheers.