Re: Forwarding bugs upstream

On 2011-01-11, brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
> I've noticed a trend lately that I am often asked to forward the bugs I
> report to the Debian BTS upstream, either by the maintainers or
> automatically by a bug script.  I believe, and I continue to believe,

I have considered to take this one step further. Close bugs reported in
Debian BTS with a severity of important or less that is a bug that
should primarily be fixed upstream.

Currently, the debian Qt/KDE team has around 800 open, non-forwarded
bugs reported against their packages. I would guess that maybe 20 of
them is packaging issues. But we can't find them.
The rest of the bugs (780 open-non forwarded (and 300 forwarded)) is
pure upstream issues.

/Sune
 - who also don't think that being a manual email2webformandback proxy
   is a good idea.