Re: DEP5: CANDIDATE and ready for use in squeeze+1

On ma, 2011-01-10 at 10:56 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> So, the only timeframe during which the problem can be experienced is
> from now to the solution of #609160. I wonder if it is really worth to
> address this issue properly---by changing either the intended usage of
> Format: or by adding a separate Format-Version: field. My take is that
> it is not worth, we can just rely on implementations to bail out on out
> of date debian/copyright instances. YMMV, of course.

Oh, please, not more fields... :)

If a distinct Format: URL is deemed necessary for the revisions from now
until integration into the debian-policy package, then let's have that.
I would rather avoid it, though, since then the examples need to be
updated every time, and I'm lazy.

(Once in debian-policy, the Format: URL will have a version number, so
the problem will be solved.)

I have no idea when the debian-policy integration will happen, but I
hope soon -- at least in terms of the number of revisions of DEP5 we
produce until then.

--
Blog/wiki/website hosting with ikiwiki (free for free software):
http://www.branchable.com/