Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

On 12/22/2011 07:07 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> It seems to me that wanting to have / outside LVM but /usr inside LVM is a
> fairly obscure corner case.
I have about 100 servers setup this way, and my laptops as well. I really
don't see why this would be a corner case. Please understand that many
different people have many different configuration, and that in today's
Debian, *absolutely everything is allowed*, and never, ever, Debian said
that one type of setup would one day be forbidden.

Taking decisions that some setup are "not supported" would be a bad move
whatever the partitioning we are talking about. Please don't do that,
there's no reason why Debian would take such move.

Thomas