Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

* Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> schrieb:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net> wrote:
> > True, but / as emergency system is still a valid reason. That???s why
> > I keep / and /boot outside LVM, so that I can repair/rename/change the
> > LVM system. I did this more than once.
>
> When was the last time you needed to do that?

Wrong question. Instead shoud be: what's the risk that you'll need to
do that an how large are the costs of loosing that option (eg. by having
to drive several hundred km's to sit physically in front of the box).

> Probably the best thing we could do in this regard is to move some stuff from
> /usr to /usr/share or some other tree that is more convenient for placing on a
> different filesystem.

What exacty do you intend to put to /usr/share ?

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666