Re: The state of geoclue in Debian

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
> - Ubuntu splitted the package and applied various changes without getting in
> contact with their Debian upstream about it. I'm not willing to try to figure
> out what they did and why and if it makes sense.

>From a quick look at the package, it seems to me that this was done in
order for Canonical to not have to provide support for the ofono and
libgypsy build depends. geoclue is in Ubuntu main. Packages in main
also pull their build depends into main. There is an implication of
some level of support from Canonical for packages in main. So this is
not something that should really interest Debian.

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Maintainer
<http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=a.starr.b%40gmail.com>