Re: Increasing minimum 'i386' processor

CMOV, quick comment.

Many apps don't reliably optimize -O3. CMOV saves 1 clock + 1 dword. There far lower branches to pick for debian to grow on (unless it's like req. to drive androids or real important).

(note CMOV is not Ben's agenda as far as I have read.  I say nothing there but good luck)

CMOV + IDEA: ignore /proc? Do u debug trap invalid instr. reliably at which run-level? Use /proc or ask torvalds is safe :) Isn't there already debian utils up that ally?