Re: Towards multi-arch: "Multi-Arch: same" file conflicts

[Goswin von Brederlow]
> Ugly, but if it works ... You only have those 2 choices for Multi-Arch:
> same: Split the package or make the files equal.

Well, the third choice is to assume nobody _really_ cares about
multiarch for JNI libraries, and just drop the Multi-Arch: header.

> Since you are building the jarfile somewhere in your source you could
> fix the place where it is created in the first place. But that
> probably means patching the upstream Makefile.

The jar is created with the command 'jar cf $output -C $inputdir org'
(where 'org' is the top level of the class name).  The 'jar' from
gcj-4.6, at least, packs the zip file in 'readdir' order.

I tried repacking, but can't get zip to produce consistent output, even
on a single platform.  Looks like there's one byte per stored
directory, and two bytes per stored file, that change on each 'zip'
invocation.  I'm testing with zip 3.0-4 on kfreebsd-i386.

--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/