Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@ubuntu.com> writes:

> On 16/11/2011 22:43, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
>>> Most netbooks and small laptops (such as Thinkpads) do not.
>> My thinkpad has it...
>
> Mine doesn't. The smaller Thinkpads (less than 14"?) don't.

This discussion is getting more and more weird, but for the sake of
continuing it: My Thinkpad X301 has a DVD-burner even if it only has a
13" screen and weighs in at less than 1.5kg.  It also has 8GB RAM, to
add some more useless numbers.  But the last item is non-default..

And BTW, the Sun tmpfs(7fs) man page seems to be last updated in 1990,
so the /tmp on tmpfs usage must be older than that.  See e.g.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19455-01/806-0636/6j9vq2bui/index.html

Personally I find the whole idea of some application *assuming* anything
about where to put multi-GB files ridiculous.  You cannot.

Bjørn