Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

> I think the problems you describe are quite uncommon. Yes, there are use
> cases where tmpfs for /tmp isn't the best solution but I think most
> people do not place 1.2GB files in their /tmp and benefit greatly from
> tmpfs.

I thought DVD burners were quite common... and almost every desktop or laptop
has one. And a DVD is 4GiB when not 7. And usually burning software lets you
decide if you want to 1st create an iso and then burn it.

So please, don't say it is uncommon to have big files in /tmp.

--
Salvo Tomaselli