Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

> $HOME is not really nice but it could work. I have a tmp dir under my
> home directry and some script to clean up at every log on.

$HOME seems like a very bad idea to me. At least if used by default...

Many universities (and i guess other places too) keep the homes on a file
server and the rest locally.
This mean that having tmp on the home, potentially lot of network traffic
would be generated by software using temp files and well, it would just slow
everyone down for no good reason, since the file would be deleted soon.

Also, a temp file would use quota. That could be good or bad.. depends on what
is actually wanted.

--
Salvo Tomaselli