Re: The mingw* mess in Debian

Hi,

It's even more complex than that, actually:

mingw32 contains gcc 4.2.1 for 32-bit targets

gcc-mingw32 contains gcc 4.4.4 for 32-bit targets. IIRC is not an
official mingw.org release, this may be the reason why there is
mingw32 and gcc-mingw32.

gcc-mingw-w64 contains gcc 4.6 for both 32-bit and 64-bit targets.
IMHO it would be better if it were split in two packages, one for
32-bit targets and the other for 64-bit targets.