Re: segfault error 4 in libpthread-2.13.so X86_64

On 10/29/11 21:34, Dallas Clement wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi!

> I've got a multi-threaded C++ program that has been working for years
> that is segfaulting in the pthread library at exit after upgrading to

The "at exit" bit reminds me of a bug the FFADO team has been hunting
for months.

Feel free to have a rather lengthy read of

   http://subversion.ffado.org/ticket/329

If you're using custom exit functions, this might give you some
directions.

> squeeze.  It litters my kernel log with the following message:
>
> segfault at 67eaf9d0 ip 00007f4568e87d7c sp 00007fff4571fe00 error 4
> in libpthread-2.13.so[7f4568e80000+17000
>
> I can produce a core file, but unfortunately I can't see the symbols
> inside the pthread lib to determine where it is crashing.

I don't think it's really something in the pthread library, but this
mailing list clearly is the wrong place to discuss.

> Is there a pthread library source package or debug version of libc /
> pthreads that I can try?

libc6-dbg?

HTH