Re: RFC: usb-modeswitch 1.2.0 release embedding jimtcl

The size issue was brought up by the Ubuntu people IIRC in the context of their Live CD which should include usb_modeswitch.

To clear up my position regarding some of the other points mentioned:

* The upstream source package will offer two easy ways of installation (covering 1 2 3). The choice is up to the user/maintainer.

* The version of the embedded interpreter will be up to date; the beta package was intended as a quick test version to tackle an unrelated problem.

* I'm still reluctant to include a C port into the source package; I can't quite rid myself of the fear that I'd end up maintaining it myself.

* I'm absolutely fine with using a Tcl interpreter from any other package; if size or complexity is an issue, then there is the "embedded" version.
I won't quit using Tcl though.

Regards,
Josua Dietze