Re: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 07:20:54PM +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> I think that the real question is: how much should Debian GNU/Linux
> mimic a standard UNIX system by default?

I think this is the real question.  If standard is a default Unix
system, then it needs to have an MTA.  I believe this even though I do
not use an MTA on most of my systems (and I always use something other
than Exim).  I'd also like to point out that if we don't ship an MTA in
standard, we should also not ship nfs-common, rpcbind, or libtirpc since
NFS is used even less often than an MTA and the same rationale for not
installing it applies.