Weird removal messages sent by "britney" without enough user friendly details - Was: Re: python 2.7 in wheezy

Hi.

Le jeudi 06 octobre 2011 à 21:26 -0400, David Prévot a écrit :
> Le 06/10/2011 20:43, Peter Samuelson a écrit :
> >
> > [Olivier Berger]
> >> For users, which don't read d-d-a and receive such emails (below),
> >> it's a bit unclear what's really happening, IMHO :-/
> >
> > Ummm ... don't we strongly encourage all package maintainers to read
> > d-d-a?  If not, we should.  It is very low traffic and sometimes
> > important.
>
> Sure: “All developers are expected to be subscribed to this list.” [0],
> but Oliver was referring to “users”. On the other hand, his example mail
> (To: duplicity@packages.debian.org) is obviously sent to developers, so
> I'd guess no harm is done for our users.

I may be wrong, but (advanced) users can also be notified of such
messages when they are subscribed to packages via the PTS.

Which is good advice, IMHO, to monitor packages in Debian when your
business depends on some volunteer maintainer work: you'd like to know
in advance such facts as a package being pulled out of Debian, early
enough ;)

Maybe I'm the only one doing that though (and particularly important, as
duplicity runs my backups)....

Maybe I could file a wishlist on britney somewhere ?