Re: buildd machines vs. resource-hungry packages (ITK)

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 09:17:52PM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>   If you think that 700GB saving is not enough to split your package,
> you can work on the build of your actual package to remove intermediate
> built files between each parts.

The best thing to do probably depends on whether the language bindings
need to be reuploaded every time the core changes in order to pick up
those changes.  If they do, then the source package split is likely to
be just a hassle and I agree that it's worth finding workarounds.  If
they don't, though, then splitting the source package will be a win
because you will sometimes be able to avoid the build time for the
language bindings entirely.