Re: forwarding bugs upstream - opt-in, delayed, automated

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 02:06:39PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> even if upstream is interested in bug reports (may be even in all of
> them) - it is not that easy to figure out how to subscribe to the bug
> mails of a package. We should make it easier for upstreams to subscribe
> to bts mails. May be also implement a weekly summary of bug mails
> instead of spamming every single bug mail.

This is a bit tangential to the rest of the discussion, but exactly the
same has occurred to me. We do have useful "Reply or subscribe to this
bug." notices on individual bug pages, but we have nothing of the sort
for pkgreport.cgi pages.

Does anyone care to propose a feature request (possibly with patch) for
the corresponding template with a short mention that the PTS could be
used to subscribe to package bugs? As we already have a line mentioning
the PTS, that could probably be done using very little extra space (for
a lot of benefit, IMHO).

Cheers.