Re: Mistake in postrm preventing functioning of newer package (stable/testing/unstable)

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 11:37:41AM +0200, David Paleino wrote:
> I just wanted to (try to) fix it for the biggest number of people possible.
> Maybe I'll just leave stable as-is, and try the solution I described within
> testing/unstable :/

Another option, as awful as it sounds, is to nuke (or surgically modify)
the postrm script of the old package from the preinst of the new package.
You would need to support that until the current stable was rotated out
through oldstable.  Yes, awful.  But I've seen it done before...

	sean