Re: simple Debian package information in the wiki

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 02:18:41PM +0200, Henri Le Foll wrote:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Packaging/Minimal (for empty packages)
> http://wiki.debian.org/Packaging/Trivial (for a pdf file)
<snip>
> I am interested to have feed back on it

It depends how trivial you want to get. For (throw away!) one-file
packages, I'd rather point people to the "equivs" package. No matter
what you think of equivs, it's way simpler than suggesting to users to
use dh_make and then "remove all the files which can be removed from the
debian directory" (especially because if they don't know packaging in
the first place, they probably don't know what can be thrown away and
what should stay).

Cheers.