Re: getting permission denied with shmat() as non-root

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:44:41PM -0400, Timothy Stotts wrote:
> on the Debian system the shmat() function returns -1 with an error code of
> EACCES, indicating permission denied.  The embedded system does not have
> shm_open(), otherwise I would use that.

Other folks in this thread provided better ways to solve this, but if
everything else fails, you can check the presence of shm_open() with
autoconf (if not defined) or at runtime (if ENOSYS) and use one or the
other in your program.

--
1KB		// Yo momma uses IPv4!