Re: git-buildpackage could use get-orig-source, uscan ?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 08:47:03AM +0800, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> On 24/08/2011 02:01, Guido Günther wrote:

> >> Maybe git import-orig should also get a --get-orig-source option.
> > is get-orig-source really a good interface? Wouldn't it make more sense
> > to fix uscan if needed?
>
> Well sometimes you need to do special things to get a DFSG clean tarball.
>
> On the other hand, I think many get-orig-source targets don't perform as
> specified in [1]. More specifically, this part:
> > This target may be invoked in any directory, and should take care to clean
> > up any temporary files it may have left.
>
> From past experiences, many get-orig-source targets can't be invoked outside of
> the source directory, and even if they could, you'd have some debian/ directory
> detection hackery looking like..
> DEBIAN_DIR = $(dir $(firstword $(MAKEFILE_LIST))

Most of this looks mostly useful when not importing the upstream tarball
into git. If you want to do cleanups you can do so after importing the
tarball using the help of git or you can add filters to git-import-orig
which then does the repack for you.
Cheers,
 -- Guido