Re: Looking for seconds to add the Amazon EC2 public certificate in ca-certificates.

On 08/22/2011 10:56 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
>
>> as per /usr/share/doc/ca-certificates/README.Debian, I am looking for
>> additional signed recommendations for the addition of the Amazon Elastic
>> Computer Cloud (EC2) public certificate to the ca-certificates packages.
>
> As someone not particularly familiar with the details of how certs work
> inside EC2, my main question would be: what's the signing policy used by
> the holder of the private key for this certificate?

This is also my question - is this a CA that will be verifying and
signing other certs? (I'll try to dig on the same info, as well)

For the record, I intend to adopt ca-certificates relatively soon, as I
have not heard back from the previous ITA poster in a few weeks.  The
package needs some TLC and I have some updates already queued up, but
not pushed to my git repo, yet  :-)

--
Kind regards,
Michael