Looking for seconds to add the Amazon EC2 public certificate in ca-certificates.

severity 597537 normal
thanks

Dear all,

as per /usr/share/doc/ca-certificates/README.Debian, I am looking for
additional signed recommendations for the addition of the Amazon Elastic
Computer Cloud (EC2) public certificate to the ca-certificates packages.

In Ubuntu it is distributed in the euca2ools packages, that I co-maintain in
Debian, but for the following reasons I think that ca-certificates would be a
better place.

 - The original upstream sources of euca2ools do not contain the certificate.
 - The Upstream of euca2ools, Eucalyptus, and the provider of the EC2, Amazon,
   are not the same company.
 - The use of the certificate is not limited to euca2ools.

I attached a copy of the certificate.  It is used to bundle machine images
for the EC2.  I have not found a web page dedicated to its description.

SHA1 Fingerprint=D3:27:BA:A0:F8:D3:EE:9C:BB:3C:FB:FE:3B:52:65:A8:40:53:5D:0D

It was downloaded from http://s3.amazonaws.com/ec2-downloads/ec2-ami-tools.zip

Although the files in this archive are distributed under the non-free Amazon
Software License (http://aws.amazon.com/asl/), I think that public certificate
is not subject to a licence, since it is not the product of an intellectual
work.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy