Re: Publishing mboxes of mailing list archives (Was: Debian mailing lists archives as mbox)

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:28:55PM +0000, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> > This does not apply to our topic as well.  These lists are not
> > (publicly) archived (or am I missing something?)
>
> BTW, both gmane and the mail archive seem to be archiving the bugs lists.

I have no idea why people are really trying to spoil this thread to
things we can not do anything about it.  These third party sites
are archiving *all* our lists.  I would like to discuss about the
things we can do something about, right?

If you consequently think about your remark please explain why we should
strip information (author names and e-mails) as listmaster was thinking
about?  And why should we not provide mboxes on our side if others are
simply doing this anyway?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--