Re: Forw/Re: Removal of systemtap from testing

Hi Lucas,

On 28 July 2011 04:08, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
What would help:
- subscribe to systemtap email notifications on the PTS
 (http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/systemtap.html, see little box on the
 bottom left corner) and contribute to the bug mail when you receive
 some
- go through systemtap bugs on
 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src="">
 comment on them by sending email to
bugnumber@bugs.debian.org (e.g
 635542@bugs.debian.org)

I'm interested in systemtap, but don't have much time to spend on
maintaining it currently. I don't know:

I'm in a similar camp - I'd like to help but time is always the enemy.  I would
be interested in being part of a maintainer team though, if others are keen?
I'm happy to go through the current deb packaging and update it for current
systemtap and to the current deb standards version (unless someone has
already started?) but I wont be able to do that by tomorrow.

- how many of the current critical issues affecting the Debian package
 are fixed in the latest upstream version (1.5). (I expect "all of
 them")

- if that latest upstream version would work on Debian

Any input on that would be very much appreciated.

It works well (for non-uprobe tracing), I've used 1.5 recently on unstable,
and I'd expect 1.6 to be OK there too.

cheers.

--
Nathan