Re: DEP5 public-domain Question

On Tuesday 26 July 2011 13:12:53 Jonathan Yu wrote:
> Does that mean that License: PD won't work with config-edit?

No.

Here's an example that works (PD license defined in Files section):

++++++++++++++
Files: *
Copyright: 2009, foo bar
License: PD
 Lots of explanations
++++++++++++++

This will also work (PD license defined in stand-alones section):

++++++++++++++
Files: *
Copyright: 2009, foo bar
License: PD

License: PD
 Lots of explanations
++++++++++++++

This will not work (PD License not defined elsewhere):

++++++++++++++
Files: *
Copyright: 2009, foo bar
License: PD
++++++++++++++

> I don't
> have a Debian system handy to test, but I have seen that used in many
> packages, and have thus adopted it into some of my own, c.f.:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-perl/trunk/libmath-random-isaac-perl/d
> ebian/copyright?revision=74518&view=markup

The example you gave will fail, not because of the PD license, but because
there's no '.' within the blank lines of the PD license definition.
(lines 23, 27 and 31)

All the best

Dominique
--