Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:52:36AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Where it came from is less important than what it represents today to some of
> us. I believe I can read in your post that you don't like it; but certainly
> this is not true for all of us.

It completely predates Debian releasing non-Linux kernels and is not mentioned
in the social contract.   That some people feel it justifies (or even mandates)
non-Linux kernels in Debian is a retcon.  pf, ZFS; these are valid reasons
stated that support kFreeBSD.  "I interpret 'the Universal OS to mean'…" is
not.

--
Jon Dowland