Re: Minimal init [was: A few observations about systemd]

Bastien ROUCARIES writes ("Re: Minimal init [was: A few observations about systemd]"):
> Forking daemon are reparented to init and we do not know if exit is
> genuine or not.

Right.

> It seems this problem (double fork) is the basement of using cgroup
> under systemd ;)

I think messing around with cgroups is a ridiculous way to solve this
problem.  The right answer is simply to change the daemons to give
them an option which causes them not to fork.  Then you can just have
a single supervision daemon which reaps (and restarts, if desired).

I haven't done a survey of the available init replacements but this is
not a new concept and I hope that most of them implement it as a
possibility.

Ian.