Re: A few observations about systemd

]] Juliusz Chroboczek

| > This looks quite correct to me?  (It's also what's shipped in the package.)
|
| I'm confused, then.  After installing systemd the first time, systemd
| happily ran the init.d scripts that I had disabled in rc2.d but left
| enabled in rc{3,4,5}.d.  We can probably agree that this is not the
| expected behaviour on a Debian system.

This does sound somewhat surprising if nothing else pulled them in
through dependencies, yes.

What does systemctl show $service tell you?  Particularly the
SysVRunLevels line is interesting to see that it picked up the lines
where it should be run properly.

| Could you point me at where exactly systemd decides which of the rc?.d
| services to start?

       default.target
           The default unit systemd starts at bootup. Usually this should be aliased (symlinked) to
           multi-user.target or graphical.target.

           The default unit systemd starts at bootup can be overridden with the systemd.unit= kernel command
           line option.

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen