Re: A few observations about systemd

> (I'm the systemd maintainer in Debian)

(Shakes hands.)

> | Another case that I've actually been bitten by is that systemd
> | hard-wires runlevel 5 in its SV init compatibility code;

> It does?

I stand corrected, it's actually part of the configuration (symlink from
runlevel5.target to multi-user.target).  Tollef, should the Debian
package change that?

> | Systemd is specific to Linux.  This is strange, since the only feature
> | of Linux used by systemd that doesn't have an exact equivalent on other
> | systems, cgroups, is optional in systemd.

> TTBOMK, cgroups are not optional.

From cgroup.c, line 270:

    if (path_is_mount_point("/sys/fs/cgroup/systemd") <= 0) {
            log_warning("No control group support available, not creating root group.");
            return 0;
    }

Note that this returns 0, which stands for success.

-- Juliusz