Re: kernel module i915 - 3d-acceleration missing after update

Am Samstag, 18. Juni 2011 schrieb Cyril Brulebois:
> Hans-J. Ullrich <hans.ullrich@loop.de> (18/06/2011):
> > Well, I thought the problem is not related to i915, as this is part of
> > the kernel, and I did not change the kernel.
>
> Just to clarify: You mentioned a .so, not a .ko; there are i915 bits in
> the kernel, and in userspace; in this case, this is about userspace.
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.
Yes, it is userspace. Pity I don't have the logs any more (Xorg.log.0), where
the error was shown. It showed me, that the *_dri.so could not found (so GLX
could not be started). They originally reside below /usr/lib/dri/, but the
driver search them below /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/, which was not existent.

So, there is either a problem with the kernel-module, or some other thing
accidently deleted (or did not create!) i386-linux-gnu/dri below /usr/lib.

Hope, this makes it clearer. :)

Hans