Re: kernel module i915 - 3d-acceleration missing after update

Hi.

Hans-J. Ullrich <hans.ullrich@loop.de> (18/06/2011):
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_dri.so
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
>
> Solution:
> As "apt-file search i386-linux-gnu" did not show any package with this content,
> I added the directories manually and created some symlinks to i915_dri.so and
> swrast_dri.so pointing to the files /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so and
> /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so.

Don't do that.

> I think, this a bug, but I do not know, which package is responsible for this.
> Maybe someone, who knows better, might be able to fix it or file a bugreport.

Clearly you didn't search for i915_dri.so or swrast_dri.so, which would
have given the answer trivially. (And cFWIW, we have bugs for that
already.) That's a matter which has been communicated upon [1,2]. And
well, when it comes to X, [3] applies (instead of mailing dd@…).

 1. http://blog.mraw.org/2011/06/14/mesa_a_disturbance_in_the_Force/
 2. http://blog.mraw.org/2011/06/18/mesa_a_disturbance_in_the_Force/
 3. http://pkg-xorg.alioth.debian.org/howto/report-bugs.html