Re: ifupdown 0.7~alpha4 in experimental

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Stephan Seitz wrote:
So how do you do the auto configuration? Do you have radvd running or a DHCPv6 server? If I understand correctly, radvd won’t give you DNS servers.

radvd can be configured to provide dns servers, eg.
	interface eth0 {
		prefix ...
		RDNSS x:y:z {};
	};

The client also needs to accept these. Linux (the kernel) keeps track
of dns servers advertised in this way but does not update userspace resolvers
directly. I recommend installing rdnssd which gets these details from the
kernel via a netlink socket and updates /etc/resolv.conf

--
Edward Allcutt