Re: Ok to use upstream doumentation as-is (i.e. not regenerate)?

[Joachim Breitner]
> if I do regenerate the files for shipping (or don’t ship them in the
> binary packages), is it ok to leave the upstream-generated files in
> the .orig.tar.gz, even though I have no hard guarantee that they are
> built from these sources (assuming I have no reason to assume that
> they are not), or should every such .orig.tar.gz be re-packaged and
> stripped of all generated files?

The only time it's _necessary_ to repackage the source tarball is if
there's good reason to believe it has non-free content in it.  So, in
your case, there's no need.  Additionally, though, if the generated
files you're looking at are really large in comparison to the rest of
the package, then it might be best to drop them to save bandwidth for
uploads and downloads.  But I'd say autoconf and automake output isn't
nearly large enough to be worth worry about.

--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/